Can cosmetics can be expensive? YES.
One of the first things I do before spending a large chunk of money on a product (I’ve not personally used before) is go online and check out the reviews.
Why are reviews important?
Reviews are important because they allow you to authentically gauge the general census of the experience past buyers have had not only with the product but with the company as well.
According to Brightlocal Local Consumer Review Survey 2016:
- 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation
- 7 out of 10 consumers will leave a review for a business if they’re asked to
- 90% of consumers read less than 10 reviews before forming an opinion about a business
- 54% of people will visit the website after reading positive reviews
- 73% of consumers think that reviews older than 3 months are no longer relevant
- 74% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more
- 58% of consumers say that the star rating of a business is most important
That’s saying a lot!
Regarding those with ingredient sensitivities like myself, it’s important to check the reviews on the brand’s website and on sites like Reviews.com to avoid buying something that could potentially make us ill.
I came across this site in my quest for the best eye creams recently and was totally impressed.
Reviews.com is particularly amazing, in regards to health and beauty, because it goes above and beyond a simple review.
They broke down a 30 second review of the eye cream category, supplied a plethora of information on potential eye area conditions and gave numerous brands and product options based on skin type to resolve the condition.
It also stated ingredients with benefits and effects, accordingly.
Buy smart. Don’t settle for reviews from one spot. This goes for business owners and consumers alike!
I’d love to hear more from you and your experiences in this topic in the comments below!