Youth Glow Serum for the WIN!
You guys know how I love me some skincare! Don’t get me wrong, I’m still a makeup junkie! But as a gal in my 30’s, it’s beyond apparent that my skincare game needs to be on point if I want my makeup to be on point.It's my religion that great skin equals great makeup! Click To Tweet
Though I am currently black or white with no grey area (with my skincare), loyalty to clean beauty vs. medicinal brands doesn’t exist in my world.. It’s one or the other as I tend to gravitate to what works for my skin’s needs at any given moment.
Historically and in my experience with my own skin and that of clients, it typically takes clean beauty lines a bit longer (up to 4 weeks) to see results than it does the medicinal lines you know I love – which can sometimes show results in a matter of days.
That ‘up to 4 weeks’ stigma wasn’t the case with this serum!
But first, ingredients
As some of you know, I have gluten and yeast allergies to food and cosmetics ingredients. It was within this 5-year discovery process that began in 2005, prior to GF being mainstream, that turned me into an ingredient junkie.
A lifestyle that next-leveled when I became pregnant in 2010.
What’s inside my skincare is THE MAIN deciding purchasing factor for me, alongside how well a product works. I know those reading this with allergies can relate!
Hence, when MOD hit me up and told me to choose a product for this review – the ingredients in EVERY PRODUCT this line creates, green-lit me to explore further!
Below is a list of the badassery that will be working on your skin in this serum:
- Coenzyme Q10 – Protects the skin at the molecular level from the damaging effects of the sun and from damage by free radicals.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – Is a highly potent antioxidant and can restore a renewed skin appearance, improving visible skin texture and tone
- Hyaluronic Acid – Ability to retain moisture and keeps collagen synthesis up which contributes to anti-aging, skin that is more supple and resistant to wrinkles and fine lines.
- Vitamin A – Effective at reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. They can also help to even out skin tone by fading age spots
- Vitamin C – Minimizes redness creating a more even complexion. It also increases the quality of the collagen created in the body.
- Vitamin B3 / Niacinamide – Works to prevent water loss and retain skin’s moisture content. It’s also known to increase keratin.
- Provitamin B5 – Stabilizes the skin barrier.
Upon application, I noticed the serum lathered briefly before absorbing into my skin. I worried it may be heavy but once absorbed my face felt quenched but not overly moist.
I loved this because sometimes if the skin is too hydrated after completing all skincare steps, even a mattifying primer in this Florida humidity won’t help keep the longevity of the makeup, as I prefer.
I had a lot of inflammation on my skin the day I reviewed this. Most likely from eating something I was allergic to unknowingly.
As you can see in the IGTV video I posted, Youth Glow Day Serum literally worked in a matter of minutes, calming the redness and giving an immediate luminosity to my skin’s appearance – REAL TALK.
Sidenote: Despite its label as a day serum, I explored using it at night with my favorite night moisturizer and love the combo.
MOD was awesome enough to give me a 15% discount code for my readers that want to try this or any of their clean beauty skincare and masks.
Use code CLEANMODBEAUTY at checkout and you’re golden.
Be sure to leave a comment and spread the love. I truly love this line!